Friday, June 11, 2010

It's been a while

Well guys, it has been a while since I had much to talk about. With high school baseball and softball running my life the past few months, CMU hasn't gotten my full attention. My apologies for that. I did a little news and notes on the men's basketball team for Friday's edition

http://www.themorningsun.com/articles/2010/06/11/sports/srv0000008512661.txt

And with high school sports wrapping up in the next few weeks, my attention will return to CMU sports, mainly getting set for the 2010 football season.

For the first time in a long time I can say that the parent company of The Morning Sun (JRC) has a competent person running the ship and we have some promising and exciting things planned for the football season. I will keep you updated as things move along. But, if there are any stories you would like to see on the football team, feel free to leave me your opinions and I will certainly follow up.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pressure Enos into quantifying his "wide-open offense" phrase. I fear that the spread is dead, and I am pretty certain that I am not the only one who thinks that no power offense can succeed outside of MAC games. If we want to see CMU continue to progress and take the next step, winning games outside of the conference should be a must.

June 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i.e. the days of the Chippewas getting blasted 70-14 by non-conference foes should only be a memory.

June 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM 
Anonymous ST said...

Let’s not assume anything about the offense until we see it in action for a while. I think it’s safe to say it will look different from last year, but I don’t foresee it moving back to the 1970’s. Enos has stated it will be multiple with a high tempo, which probably means we will see just that, multiple looks and formations, rather than running out of the shotgun 100% of the time like the last few years.

I personally like his idea of re-introducing the FB and even some 2 TE set’s. The QB’s on the roster are young and posses potential, but they don’t have the legs that Dan had so getting more production out of the running backs will be a must to having a productive running game. We also have to keep in mind that we lost almost all of our offensive production from last year, so patience will be needed as these young guys develop. If Butch recruited as well as he claimed he did over the last 3 years then some of these young guys should be able to step in and be productive, but it’s definitely going to take time.

I’m just happy were talking about football again!!!

June 28, 2010 at 7:34 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

I have notice that your site is so nice . Thanks for letting me to comment.

Sports Online Betting is a online forum where you can bet on sports.

July 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home